5 Fit-Nez TIPS FOR A HEALTHY SPRING BREAK
1. HAVE A REGULAR EXERCISE ROUTINE: Exercising when you’re on vacation can be difficult. However, exercising regularly will help you feel more energized and healthy to actually better enjoy your vacation. It will also help you burn off some of those extra calories you’ll undoubtedly consume. My trick: I always travel in a workout outfit and sneakers so I never have an excuse and to be honest its super comfy to travel in.
2. STAY HYDRATED: The sun can zap your hydration before you even know it. To avoid dehydration and that dreaded hangover, sip water throughout the day and try to have a glass of water between alcoholic beverages. Try to at least two liters of water per day.
3. STOCK UP ON HEALTHY SNACKS: Oh I know: one of the best parts about vacation is eating in great restaurants! However, restaurant food can quickly deplete your wallet and pack on pounds. Store protein powder, nuts, and healthy snack bars (my favorite is ThinkThin bars – no sugar!) in your hotel room for quick mid-day snacks.
4. DON’T DITCH THE SPF: The winter weather may leave you drained of color, but make sure you head to the beach wearing plenty of sunscreen—SPF 30 or higher. You can still catch some rays and develop a glow you can flaunt when you get home without getting burned in the process. Skin cancer is no joke. One severe burn can end up dogging you 20 years down the road.
5. SLEEP WELL, BEAUTY: If you’re planning to partly like a rock star all night, don’t schedule a 6 a.m. kayak trip for the next day. Maintain a healthy sleep cycle by getting 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Sleep is a critical component of a healthy hormonal balance and will make you feel light and bright every day. Who wants to spend their vacation feeling like a zombie?
Copyright © Fit-Nez LLC. All Rights Reserved.