Many of my clients are vegan and always in need of some helpful tips on how to stay vegan on the road. The following tips will ensure you stay on the VEGAN track!
- Research your destination before you depart. Find out if local supermarkets carry foods and brands you are familiar with and whether there are any healthy choice restaurants nearby.
- Use the web to find vegetarian or veg-friendly restaurants in your family travel destination.
- Ethnic restaurants often have a wide range of vegetarian options. Enjoy bean burritos and guacamole at a Mexican restaurant, a vegetable or tofu stir-fry at a Chinese restaurant, heavenly curries at an Indian restaurants, or vegetarian sushi at a sushi bar.
- Look for all-you-can-eat buffets and salad bars. A good buffet can offer a wide range of nutritious options like salads, cooked vegetables, baked potatoes, pasta, build-your-own tacos with re-fried beans, and fresh fruit.
- Pick up healthy food and snacks – fresh fruit, vegetables, and breads – at the local grocery store, health food store, or farmer’s market and pack more than just a picnic lunch.