Don’t throw all of your hard work away by pigging out on unhealthy foods while watching the big game!
The average American watching the Super Bowl will consume 1,200 calories from snacks alone – that does not even take into consideration the amount of spirits that will be flowing.as well.
So how does someone trying to stay focus on the their fitness goals, remember New Year’s was only 30 days ago…. enjoy the day without blowing all of the hard work?
Here are a few Fitnez tips and recipes to help you stay on track.
1. Earn that Meal. Work out before the Game, it will make you feel good no matter what happens on the field. If you are in the DMV area, get your sweat on at OrangeTheory before heading to the party. I coach this Sunday at 10;15 and 11;30 at the DC OrangeTheory – make sure to reserve your spot!
Guaranteed way to earn your Super Bowl Meal!
2. Fail to plan, plan to fail. The world is not on the same page as you when it comes to your nutrition plan and goals. Don’t expect to find a bounty of healthy, organic, and nutrient-packed foods at your friend’s Super Bowl party. It’s on you to plan what you’ll eat or bring, and to determine how you’ll respond to tempting situations before you face them.
3. Be prepared — and prepare! Preparation is the only way to know you’ll stay in control and won’t undo the good work you’ve started. Got it? This weekend, it’s all on you. Think about all of the foods that will be out this Sunday — wings, nachos, pizza, fries, potato skins — you name it!
Any of these foods could destroy your entire calorie count for the week.
So what I want you to do is think of a few healthy dishes to contribute to the party and stick to those. If you want to have one wing or a couple of nachos, that is OK, but don’t go overboard! You will regret it in the morning. Need help with fun recipes? Go to www.fit-nez.com for Game Day recipes.
4. Push Ups Anyone? If you’re feeling athletic and are getting hyper because the game is tight, do some push-ups in front of the TV to deal with the anxiety. It will throw off those friends cheering for the opposite team. The play will be over by the time they figure out what you’re doing.
5. Enjoy the game! Football is a sacred past time and a true spectacle of athletics so relish and enjoy it.