It’s official: party season is in full swing, and once that holiday cheer starts flowing, any semblance of healthy living goes right out of the window.
- 12 oz. Light Beer – 110 Calories
- 6 oz. Rum and Diet Coke – 65 Calories
- 4 oz. Cabernet Sauvignon or Chardonnay – 90 Calories
- 4 oz Dry Champagne – 105 Calories
- 6 oz. Vodka and Soda Water – 65 Calories
- 7.5 oz. Gin & Diet Tonic – 115 Calories
- Jack Daniels (Single Shot) – 55 Calories.
3. SNACK WITH CAUTION: Even if you pass up the booze it won’t mean squat if you binge on nachos and buckets of wings. Parties are breeding grounds for unhealthy food, but if you look hard you may just be able to find some healthy, low-fat options like raw veggies, fresh fruit, hummus, salads, salsa, nuts and bruschetta.
4. FILL UP BEFORE YOU GO: Don’t leave your house hungry. Hunger makes it tough to make smart food choices at a party. And when you’re starving, all bets are off. The solution is simple—eat something healthy like an apple with almond butter or a protein shake before leaving your house. A few glasses of water will also help to take the edge off your hunger.
5. DON’T BE A LAZY ELF: With all that partying who’s got time to exercise? You do! Unless your party schedule is on par with Beyoncé, you should be able to find some time to get in a few workouts or pick-up games to offset all the crappy food and booze we just told you not to consume.