I woke up with a fever, body aches and a golf ball in my throat.
If you know me, I hate to be sick and surely never want to admit I can even get sick.
Well the doc said, you have strep throat and the flu. LUCKY ME. So I’m down for the count for the next couple of days.
With that being said, I just wanted to share what’s helped me get through beside antibiotics.
Swallowing anything including water has been unbearable. I stay pretty hungry and girl has to eat.
The only thing I have been able to consume are protein shakes.
Protein powder usually gets such a bad rep for NO reason at all. For me, it’s been a life savior while I’ve been sick.
Here are some powerful advantage of Protein Powder in your meal plan and how to pick the right ones.
Protein Powder Advantages
2. Fast absorption for protein requirements.
3. Better absorption and digestion.
4. Constant flood of amino acids at all times.
The tricky part is trying to pick a GOOD protein powder that will contribute to overall health.
First, you need to understand that not all protein powders are created equally.
Fit-Nez’s Keys to Purchasing Protein Powder
1. Quality over quantity: quality of protein powder more important that total quantity
2. Powder should have no more than 7 to 10 ingredients
3. Natural ingredients (i.e. you can pronounce all of them)
4. Do not be snowed by promises like “fat burning” or “muscle growth”
Hope this helps – bc Protein Powder saved me from going crazy during my sick days.
Stay healthy Fit Fam!